Alsace is 1’851’443 inhabitants for 8’280 km².
Did you know that Alsace:
- is ranked third in France for its dynamism in terms of innovation;
- was propelled into the top 10 "must-see regions" in 2010 by the Lonely Planet guide;
- is the fourth most visited region in France;
- is the second French region for the reception of foreign tourists
- has the first university in France in terms of students number;
- is ranked second in France in attractiveness in terms of foreign students number;
- is the second French region in terms of attractiveness for foreign researchers;
- is one of the youngest regions in France
- has the largest streetcar network in France, the first connected streetcar / train, as well as
- thousands of km of bikeways, one of the largest networks in Europe;
- is connected to two TGV lines (high speed rail) : TGV East Europe and TGV Rhin Rhône;
- is the true geographical heart of Europe ...